5 mile run + Planche Practice

I went for a nice easy 5 mile run today around 12:45 after moving the car for alternate side parking. Most of the soreness in my legs and lower back was gone, so my perceived level of exertion was quite a bit lower.

Planche Practice

This evening, I came to the realization that my tuck planche form is total crap. I'll have to devote considerable time (6 months minimum) to straight arm and wrist strength. I did about 20 minutes of planche progression drills on the parallettes - which was humbling. I managed to achieve

23º straight arm static hold

I'll need to be able to tilt forward another 15º minimum! Using this image as a baseline, I'll snapshot my maximum tilt once a week for comparison.


Lean Angles for Planche Variations

  • Tuck Planche: 23°
  • Advanced Tuck Planche: 30° - 31°
  • One Leg Straight / One Leg Advanced Tuck Planche: 38°
  • 120°-130° Straddle Planche: 42°
  • ~100° Straddle Planche: 48°
  • 1/2 Lay Planche: 46°-51°
  • Full Planche: 45°-53°


Comments