Day 1: Monday 9/9/2019

I'm at Starbuck's ROASTERY (aka: expensive starbucks, aka: #metrosexual-lumberjacks-in-skinny-jeans) this morning. Not as the result of intent, but more like lack of options en route to my primary destination; which today, happens to be the LAB middle school in Chelsea. Baby A's school has the annual "coffee with the principal" event, which will be opening its doors at 8:15am.

To be fair, the coffee is better than the standard pour at 2nd class Starbuck's - I believe it's called Pike's Place - but not $3.00 better. The coffee I am holding in this picture cost $6.59. This is acceptable if you're being held hostage at SFO airport, and need to grab a tiny cup at Tartine right before you board a flight, but otherwise baldly ludicrous.

8:15 am -- The school meeting was predictably boilerplate. I sat in the front row, and asked one question.

Comments