Parallette Training: Week 1



Gymnastics has always been, in my opinion, a foundational athletic skill that is highly transferrable to all other areas of physical performance: martial arts, dance, etc. For my sabbatical, I have chosen parallette training as a sub-discipline within gymnastics as something to seek improvement in. When I was a kid, I remember taking a pretty bad fall on the parallel bars the first time I attempted to swing  up to a handstand. I don't really recall if it was a big deal for more than a week, but I eventually succeeded. What I'll never forget is the exhilaration of mastering a physical skill that was initially so far out of reach, simply by putting in hard work and discipline. That feeling is something that's never left me.

Parallette training week 1 recap: an exercise in humility



Comments